Prepare an electronic file
Here’s what you need to remember to prepare an electronic file error free.
Colors and fonts
- Ensure that all documents (and links related to it) are in CMYK color.
- Convert RGB images in Photoshop image processing software.
- Convert colors of the Pantone chart with the software used (spot to process).
- Provide fonts with the document or vectorized fonts
- It also requires that all fonts are provided or otherwise in outline.
Accepted file extensions
- .ai (Adobe Illustrator®)
- .eps (Adobe Illustrator®)
- .indd (Adobe InDesign®)
- .qxp (Adobe QuarkXPress®)
- .pdf (no color conversion, CMYK, without compression, with .125 inch bleed)
Recommended processing software
- InDesign® document provided with the software and QuarkXPress®
- .pdf or .eps
- High-quality uncompressed
- 0.125 inch. bleed
- Document provided with Photoshop
- Avoid because the definition is not optimal for your projects
It is important to clean your document so that only the necessary components to the printed product is present. (redundant links, unused colors, …)